Friday, September 21, 2007

Tea, tea and tea

Tea, oh yes. If you don't like it, you won't survive here. I've been here now for a week and sofar I have been drinking mostly tea. While in Finland you can see lots of different soft drinks (and beer) for sale in shops and restaurants here the drink of choice is tea. And believe me, there is massive amount of different tea brands to choose from.

A good place to get your tea aer the tea booths and stores on the streets. Again, a vast selection of these. Luckily, there is also other drinks available if you get bored with tea. For example water is good option! =) However, also juices are available and also some soft drinks as well.

So far I've familiar with following types of tea (mostly iced): black tea, oolong tea, green tea, lemon tea, black tea with lemon, love tea, and pearl tea. All these can tehn be varied with the amount fo sugar added. Taiwanese tend to like their drinks quite sweet. And tea goes with anything. Breakfast, dinner, lunch, snack, sweet, sour or salty; your selction of drink would be (iced) tea.

I'm quite sure that I've drank more tea during the past 7 days than during my whole life before that.

No comments: