Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Rain and Scooters

It rains today. During the night the wind was quite strong, and I quickly found out the worst part of living at the 7th floor; the wind makes unbelievable loud noise! I was bit surprised that I actually was able to sleep in that noise...

The rain is of course not nice, but I could be lots worse. Today the rain drops were most of the time very small, thus getting everything wet quite efficiently. However, also "normal" rain has been present, although I tried to avoid it and left to work bit later.

As I mentioned earlier (did I), the scooters are number one option of transportation here. There is huge loads of them and it seems that rain is not a problem either. People just wear a certain type of long plastic raincoats and off they go. It looks a bit funny, because I saw today several people wearing exactly the same kind of raincoat. Unfortunately, I did not have time to dig out my camera from my bag.

Oh, by the way. If you're disabled and need a wheelchair to move around, don't worry. There is a solution for you as well. I've seen couple of times this certain type of scooter with sort of "training wheels", although training wheel is not perhaps the correct term for them. This seems to be very convenient way to transport, as you're able to carry your wheelchair with you!

1 comment:

dr. clint said...

I have just read quite a few of your blog entries and it brought back a lot of funny memories from when I was in Taiwan. My friend's mom, who must of been in her 70s, would drive me around on her scooter, and I kept feeling like death was not too far away. Have you had any stinky tofu yet?