Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Spearfishing, conference and blisters

I'm now at Vienna, Austria. I'm attending the EdMedia 2008 conference. The conference is huge and thus it is quite difficult to decide which sessions to attend and what to see. I have to admit that I do prefer smaller scale conferences where you have the chance to see most (or at least significant part of) the presentations. Also, in smaller scale conferences you usually also learn to know more people.

Anyway, I been walking quite a lot. I made a bad mistake when selecting my shoes for the trip. As a result, I have a huge blister (about size of half of my thumb) on both feet (just below toes). These are really painful when walking.. but "no pain, no gain".

Last saturday I attended a spearfishing competition called Dödörens Cup at Hanko. This time I got plenty of fish, namely 8 flounders. Unfortunately 3 of these were too small, but still got 45 points. With these points, I ended up being 9th. That's my best results so far. Second best is 19th so this was quite an improvement. Unfortunately, the winner of the competition got 183 points, and thus my ranking points ended up being only 24.59 (I'm currently 21st at overall ranking).

I'm attending next competition this weeks Saturday (if I'm just able to wake up early enough) and I hope it goes as well as the previous competition.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrés wanted to see the photo of the blisters -- not the flounders.

Jussian said...

Image of blisters coming when I just remember it!