Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Why a blog?

This is my first ever blog entry. I'm not really sure why I decided to start this blog, but I do believe it has something to do with the fact that many of my colleagues in our research group have blogs.

I recently noticed in some paper/journal an article called "Why Do We Blog?". I thought that I should read it, since I really do not understand why we do blog? Unfortunately, I don't remember any more in which journal it was...

However, my now also part of the blogging community. It is interesting what you're able to do when you would have more important things to do as well.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why? So that you could tell the whole world what do YOU think about this

dr. clint said...

Jussi - welcome to the world of blogging! I think you will enjoy your stay :) Here's one reason why I thinks it is good for those in academics to blog: http://www.clintrogersonline.com/blog/?p=17
I'm excited to see your ongoing thoughts about what you are learning.

Justus Randolph said...

Blogging is for the thoughts that are too stupid to say aloud.

Jussian said...

I think so far Justus is winning.

Anonymous said...

Justus, if it applies also to comments, I think you are right! :)

Andrés said...

I'd say Jussi created the blog to avoid writing a journal paper ...What if you start writing it here and receive life comments from peers?

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that you are quite right. I created this while I should have been writing a paper. But since I did not have any motivation / inspiration, I decided to do something else...

Anonymous said...

Blog is to thoughts as toilet bowl is to food.

(SATs)